Looking for an Ereader type device?.

Reaction score
My wife is an avid reader and asked me to find out for her about a device which could be used for storing and reading a book on. After a search on Google I quickly came up with the Kindle, Sony and BeBook E-reader devices which all seem like overkill to be honest, as well as quite expensive. My wife is not really interested in "computering" as she calls it and just wants a simple device which I can connect to my PC and download a few books for her to read. I don't really see the need for it to have the capacity to hold the British Library as when she has read them they can either be stored on my PC or just deleted. Is there such a device available to purchase or are the only options similar to what I mentioned above?.

Reaction score
Thank you for your replies. The multi media chain store WH Smiths has just announced that they will be selling both versions of the Kobo Ereader at £90 and £110 respectively, apparently this is the same price as the new Kindle coming out in November will retail for. I will keep an eye open for any bargains in the period up to Xmas but it seems that we Brits are again getting ripped off price ways in comparison with you Americans!!.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Get the Kindle 3! It's way better than the Nook and it's Pearl EInk screen is better than the next generation of Kindle 4.

Remember the Kobo does not come with an AC charging adapter, you must buy one separately. Plus you have to download all the books via your PC since it's not WiFi capable.

I have a Kindle 3 and love it!

draceena

That Crazy Amazon Chick!
Reaction score
My Kobo wi-fi is wi fi capable hence the name ;) but you are right, if I need to charge it up I have to connect it to a computer via the USB or purchase a separate adapter for a wall socket

Ask a Question