Keyboard Worked Fine, Then Cut Out =(

Reaction score
So I just installed Windows 7 Professional 64-bit on my Sony Vaio VGN-FZ240E Laptop. Everything installed okay and worked just fine until I restarted it for the first time to update my touchpad drivers. After I restarted, my keyboard would not function and Sony provides no drivers for it on their website. Sony also makes it clear that they do not support a Windows 7 upgrade on my model(which is slightly ridiculous, but whatever...). It's an Intel Core 2 duo, so I know it's 64-bit capable and everything WAS working the first time I installed it. I have no clue what to do, but my laptop keyboard is slightly useless, which poses a big problem, lol. If there is anyone out there with advice, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!

Reaction score
Update... I just realized that since the touchpad drivers I installed didn't actually fix the problem I wanted them to fix, they might not be the right ones. I uninstalled them and my keyboard works fine now.

Reaction score
If anyone knows how to make the scrollbar work on older laptops without multi-touch-enabled touchpads, I'd be much obliged, as well. If it's a driver download, could someone point me to the site where I could find them? Sony's site has only the 32-bit Vista drivers, I need the 64-bit 7 drivers. Again, model VGN-FZ240E.

Thanks, again!

Ask a Question