I've attached a minidump

Reaction score
Hello, I'm having the same problem so I googled it and came to this site. I've attached a minidump I got from my latest crash in this message in the hope that someone will be able to have a look because I'm seriously fed up reading up on error for hours and looking for fixes that won't be 100% relevant to my setup. I hope someone can help me, thanks.

Attachments

Reaction score
Hey there, I should explain I posted the above message on an old thread which was in relation to System Service Exception, a 0x3b Blue Screen of Death I have recently experienced twice while playing Starcraft 2 and it was most likely relocated to a new thread by a moderator.

Please let me know if I can provide any extra information, any help would be appreciated.

Reaction score
Hi. Yes a mod or admin probably moved as it's best to handle each case individually. No two systems or crashes are similar, no matter the stop error type.

That being said, yes, this is a 0x3b error which is blamed on your video card driver. Simply put, that is absolutely incorrect as you're already running the latest version. You have many other issues to take care of instead. Let's look at them:

1) Your Razer Diamondback is begging to be updated:

Code:
DB3G     DB3G.sys     Mon Nov 07 01:33:11 2005
http://www.razersupport.com/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=viewdownload&downloaditemid=287&nav=0,76,2

2) Uninstall Avast! in safe mode using the tool found here:

AV Uninstallers - Windows 7 Forums

Then boot to normal mode and install MSE as a replacement, which will never cause bsods on you.

3) Visit ASUS' website for your particular motherboard. Download tab. Choose Windows 7 64-bit (or Vista 64-bit if no 7). Go to Utilities section. Download and install the latest ATK0110 installer. If that isn't there, choose ProbeII instead.

4) Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers

Rename this old and unnecessary driver to nvm62x64.BAK, then reboot:

Code:
nvm62x64 nvm62x64.sys Fri Oct 17 17:01:06 2008
---------

Your machine will be well after completing the above 4 processes. Enjoy.

If you have further crashes, please post them so I can see what you may have missed.

Reaction score
Hello, thank you for your reply and suggestions to my problem. I've had minor sucess with the steps you have entailed.

1) The link you provided for my Razer mouse was for the Diamondback, my mouse is the Diamondback 3G. I followed the link and installed the update and soon realised there were two folders in my Razer folder, Diamondback 3G and Diamondback. I decided to uninstall both and found the Windows 7 Diamondback 3G driver V1.00 from the Razer website, hopefully this will solve this issue.

2) I have successfully uninstalled Avast! via Safe Mode using the uninstaller provided and installed MSE as instructed.

3) I visited the ASUS to obtain the ATK0110 driver, however after selecting my motherboard and choosing Windows 7 64bit I could not see the Utilities section. I changed the OS to Vista 64bit and the Utilities tab appeared. I downloaded the driver but when I tried installing I would get a message stating it was not compatible with my OS, a Command Prompt window would briefly open and close then Windows would give me a dialogue box stating the installation was not successful and gave me the option to try installing using the recommended settings. This also did not work. I then revisited the website and downloaded Probe II V1.04.19.

4) Finally, the least successful step. I renamed the driver nvm62x64.sys to nvm62x64.sys.BAK and rebooted the PC. When the PC booted I could not connect to the Internet, the Network icon would show a red cross and diagnosing the problem with Windows would reveal that a driver problem was present. I renamed the file back to nvm62x64.sys and after rebooting I was able to connect to the Internet once again.

Hopefully you will be able to tell me where to go from here, thank you.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Sit tight, use the pc as you always do. If and when it crashes, post the crash dump and we'll easily see what we can do from here on out.

My guess is that things will be fine. If not, no problem.

You're welcome.

Reaction score
Hey there, there is another problem I've been having which has resurfaced. If I leave my computer idle for a period of time it switches itself off. When I switch the PC on again I get boot options to start Windows in Safe Mode or Normally etc.

I've checked my power settings and I've got it set it never turn off hard disks or sleep. I also have hybrid sleep disabled as I thought this was causing the problem. I usually get a Kernal Power 41 error in the Event Viewer which states the computer was switched off or lost power unexpectedly. Do you think you could shed some light on this?

Edit: Changed error code from 43 to 41

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yep...if no crash dump was created (and we know for a fact your machine does create them because you posted them)...

...then it's extremely likely that your machine lost power from the wall socket or that there was a very brief loss of power.

It could even be for a fraction of a second.

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick responce. This was never an issue when I had Windows XP. I could leave the computer running for days without any shutdowns but ever since I installed Windows 7 I've been having this problem occuring almost on a daily basis.

Reaction score
If there are any new crash dumps in the future, this thread will be here, so please post them. Other than that, there's really not much else I'm in a position to say about it, unfortunately.

Give it some time. If a new crash dump is posted, we will be in excellent position to see what may still need to be done.

Reaction score
Hello, my system has been pretty stable since I made the changes you suggested and I was able to play Starcraft 2 for a while without any problems until just now. I received a blue screen while playing the single player. 0x0d1 Driver IRQL Not Less or Equal. Dump file is attached.

Attachments

Reaction score
Ah. 0xd1 stop error. Luckily for you, one of easiest stops to solve (for me.)

Code:
P17      P17.sys      Fri Oct 16 02:44:53 2009
This above driver is your precise problem. Another reason why I always say Creative are notorious.

Try downloading and installing the Daniel K. revision drivers for your Creative card and install. You'll have to Google a little.

Or be brave and try updating from Creative themselves. Either way, do something about that P17.

---------

On another note, uninstall your version of ATI Tray Tools. The driver associated with it is too old. If you want a good version of Tool, let me know.

Code:
DRIVER_BIN64 DRIVER_BIN64 Tue Jul 31 22:05:51 2007
---------

Another side note. Update this old driver:
Code:
 ASACPI   ASACPI.sys   Mon Oct 30 22:09:12 2006
by following step 3 from my post above.

--------

Another important side note:

Go to C:\Windows\SysWow64\drivers and delete AsIO.sys

------

And finally, there's a new video card driver:

Drivers & Support | GAME.AMD.COM

Reaction score
Hello, I've tried to follow the steps you outlined but I have had trouble with most of them. I've performed a clean install of both my video card and sound card drivers with the latest versions. I had trouble finding the specific sound card drivers that you recommended for me so I wiped the drivers and tried installing the latest drivers from the Creative website.

I have uninstalled ATI Tray Tools as you recommeneded. This program was causing problems on my system, it would prevent programs like iTunes and Starcraft 2 from starting up as well as blocking my flash plugins on Firefox.

To update the ASACPI.sys driver I followed step 3 from your previous post, I actually did this before the latest blue screen which resulted in the creation of the AsIO.sys driver. I went to the ASUS website and tried finding the ATK0110 driver for Windows 7, It was unavailable so I changed the OS to Vista 64bit and downloaded the driver. When launching the driver I would get a message saying it does not support my operating system. I then downloaded and installed Probe II which contains the AsIO.sys driver. I tried deleting this driver from C:\Windows\SysWow64\drivers\AsIO.sys as you recommended but I would get a message saying "Can't open AsIO.sys !! (2)" everytime I started my computer. So as of now I have reinstalled Probe II and I am not getting that message anymore.

I've have been playing Starcraft 2 over the past few days and I haven't had any blue screens yet however I am getting graphical glitches and freeze ups. Sometimes the game freezes but the sound keeps on playing in the background. I am unable to return to the desktop and the computer eventually becomes unresponsive, the only way I can check this is by pressing Num Lock or Caps Lock to see if they respond.

From time to time I also get a graphical glitch which fills the screen, either black or brown checkerboxes. In the most recent incident I had a freeze up which then turned into a sound looping crash with a black/green screen. Both my graphics card and RAM modules are new but I will most likely run a Memtest on the RAM. I am also going to try out other games to see if I get the same problems. I will post these specific crashes on the Starcraft 2 tech forums for their specific advice aswell but in the meantime I would appreciate your thoughts on this matter, thank you.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hello, I just had another BSOD. I'd been playing Starcraft 2 for a few hours without any problems and then is BSOD occurred just as I exit the game. I've attached the dump file.

Attachments

Reaction score
All of the above problems still exist, with the exception of DRIVER_BIN64.

Because of that, bsod will surely continue.

I would also update the NVIDIA nForce chipset drivers by installing the latest available package for your chipset, too.

NVIDIA

Reaction score
Hey thanks for the quick responce. I will update my nForce chipset drivers but apart from that I'm having trouble solving the other problems. I mentioned the reasons in my post above, I can't find the Daniel K drivers for my sound card and I can't update the ASACPI driver because the ASUS website doesn't have a version compatible with Windows 7 64bit.

Ask a Question