Issues since install. Help?

Reaction score
Since installing Widows 7 64 bit Ultimate edition a small drive named system reserved appeared on my hard drive[systems] i have a second with data only on it.
Is it safe to delete it or how can i increase its size.After a 4 month wait my 8 gig memory has been installed and a external usb sound card installed these plus updated version of Haupage Win Tv 7/NovaTDVB Tv card.I have experienced problems on downloading updated Win7 tv version.The system reserve was overfull and would`nt allow the version to fully down load.I am currently experiencing intermittent crashs/freezes and getting 3rd party driver /memory dump load on a blue screen.anti-virus shows pc clean[i sweep daily ].Hopefully it is going to be ok no crashes for 48 hours.thoughts please? Alan

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I moved your post to a new thread. For best results/highest chance of getting noticed use one thread for each topic/question.

When you install to a HD and do not format beforehand, W7 automatically creates a tiny reserved partition, my guess is this is the "small drive" you are referring to. If so it is very small (like 100mb) and wouldn't be of much value to try and merge; definitely not worth corrupting your install. Next time you install W7 fresh, format the drive beforehand and then you won't get that. Supposedly W7 uses it for something but can do without it if installed to a formatted drive.

I'm not a BSOD person but since you mention new memory I would check that the memory matches your old chips if you didn't replace it all and also a common cause is timing settings being wrong.

As for the TVTuner you should go to the manufacturers website and make sure you have their latest drivers and versions of their software.

If you are actually getting BSODs then see this thread HERE. The experts need the dumps, your system specs, and timings/settings etc and start a new thread in the BSOD section.

Last edited:

Ask a Question