is windows 7 slow downs for 32bit programs

Reaction score
Hi Experts,
plz Help me out from this
i have Windows 7 Home basic( 64-bit ) is installed on my Laptop.
& i have installed Vmware 5.5 ( 32 bit ) also
when i was installing VMware it given me the Message Box that
"Vmware5.5 not Supported something like that".
Now when i run Vmware. My Laptop hangs for 2 min. & after 2 min everything goes well. This happens everytime when i run Vmware. i couldn't understand.
is ther any harm to my Laptop. is there cause to Processer.
m Worried... please please Help me Out........

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
You need VMware v7.0

VMware Workstation 7.0 Release Notes

VMware Workstation Version 7.0 | 27 OCT 2009 | Build 203739
Last Document Update: 12 NOV 2009
Check frequently for additions and updates to these release notes.
These release notes cover the following topics:
What's New

This release of VMware Workstation adds the following new features and support:

New Support for 32-Bit and 64-Bit Operating Systems

Reaction score
Considering this thread is already about VMware workstation and etc i thought i'd ask;

Was it the VM team that released software that could virtualise an existing partition?

e.g i have a dual boot install, XP and Windows 7 Ultimate. I THOUGHT it was a VM teams' product that i used aaaages ago to load my XP partition in my W7 beta install.

Is it still capable of this?

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Yes, it's the same corporation. They have all kinds of VM software, offer "cloud" computing and lots of business solutions. You may have the same VM Player as I, the free one. I prefer it over dual booting, although I didn't think I would at first. The best thing is that you don't have to restart your computer over and over. And yes, you can still run XP on it. In fact, you can run several OS's on it, depending on the size of your hard drive. I like it too, because although Windows 7 is my main OS by a large margin, at times I fall back to using XP Pro again. I mean, I used it from 2002 until November 2009, 7 years. Vista couldn't put XP away, but Windows 7 is chipping away from their lead every day. Too, you don't have to register through VMWare to get the product. Go to File Hippo, and it's in the developers tools all the way down the left corner of the screen. It's the latest version.:hello:

Reaction score
Well i'm USING VMWare workstation, i only downloaded the trial a couple of weeks ago to create a Win2K AS RIS image.

I have tried to look, but i found almost nothing in regards to using an EXISTING partition as a virutal client.

I saw i could save/convert an existing partition into a virtual client, but i want to modify the partition directly. I don't want to make an image of the partition and then modify the partition.

Ask a Question