SOLVED Is Spotmau Powersuite 2011 any good?

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I looked at the link, there's an evaluation version of it. If you're into utilities, try it out, if you like what you see, then buy it.

A couple of days ago, I got WinUtilities Pro for free at GOTD, a paid version. But I've yet to use it, and hope that I don't need to, either.

Cat

Reaction score
I have to do a clean install later this week anyway after my new motherboard arrives. There fore if it messes up Windows, it doesn't really matter as it's going to have to be re-installed any way.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
To be honest I have NEVER heard of this one! Sounds like a P.O.C. to me.

STAY AWAY from all these so-called "Utility Suites", they're usually junk and a waste of money. It is better to have an excellent defrag program such as Raxco's PerfectDisk, and a few other small utilities such as CCleaner, Your Unin-staller Pro, and Ultimate Windows Tweaker v2.1 (which is free).

The above program you mentioned makes it's living off of the majority of users who don't know crap about their systems and want a quick and easy fix, only to later find out the system is more screwed up afterwards than before.

It's better to really know how your system works and how to tweak it manually than to rely on a universal panacea type of software.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
SOLVED. Web Of Trust blocks website. Poor everything.
Even thought it may be a bad site, you can't believe every rating that Web Of Trust (WOT) gives. There's a site where I buy products every other month, that same popup happens, saying that the site is unsafe. The site (P&G Store) is fine.

All it takes is a few pissed customers to give bad ratings, the same can happen to any site on the net. Kind of like on eBay, where "feedback" means a lot to buyers & sellers. One buyer gave a seller negative feedback over a DOA notebook battery (on a refurb notebook), when it clearly stated in the auction that batteries aren't guaranteed. That's BS, and the buyer's fault for not reading the terms of the sale.

Same with WOT, it's OK, but not 100% accurate. These "utility" suites are usually snake oil, most are out to get your money, and screw up your computer in the process. Just like "Tune Up Utilities", my notebook that died on me last week was running fairly good (although hot), when I ran that app on it, it never ran right again. I mean never. As soon as I ran it, everytime I booted it, it always ran "chkdsk" before booting into Windows, it never fully recovered.

I've found it best to leave the "utilities" alone, and seek help from the OEM, any manuals or instructions given (or found), the net, and the forums to solve my computing issues, and usually I found the answer, mabye not always as fast as I wanted to, but still did.

You've spent a lot of cash on this build, you don't need to screw it up by running potentially lethal apps that promises the world, but delivers a pile of crap on you.

Cat

Reaction score
Apparently the site has a bad reputation. Web Of Trust won't even show there website. Every rating in WOT is Poor.