Internet history cleaner ?

Reaction score
I'm gathering tons of Internet history every day and it's impossible to clean them file by file. Do you use some cleaner for this cleaning job?

Help me, please :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
You've not said which browser your using, I'm not familiar with internet explorer but if your using Firefox it will let you set up in preferences to delete browser Hx each time you close the browser. I'd imagine other browsers offer the same feature.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Hi Grah-cracker, you will find most cleaning options within Tools on your browsers but do try CCleaner its a very good app, updated regular and free :)

This is Maxthon Browser

Reaction score
In FF edit>preferences>privacy then use the settings to tell FF how you want it to handle your browsing Hx.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
In IE:

Tools - Internet Options - General.
Under "Browsing History", select "Setting"
At the bottom of the new window, you can select how many days you wish to retain History.
Ok the window and on the previous window, select Delete (This will not delete anything at this stage).

Reaction score
In Firefox or IE8+, just hit CTRL+SHIFT+DEL to open a window that allows you to clear everything.

Alternatively, a program called CCleaner will nuke the history for every browser on your system.

Reaction score
Mozilla Firefox users can clear their history by clicking
the "Tools" menu, "Options",
then clicking the "Privacy" button, and
under "History" click the "Clear" or "Clear Now" button.

Delete Your Browsing History in Apple Safari
1. Open up Safari.
2. Go to the History menu.
3. Choose 'Clear History' at the bottom of the pull down menu.
4. Repeat as needed.

Delete Your Browsing History in Google chrome
1. Click the Tools menu.
2. Select Options.
3. Click the Under the Hood tab.
4. Click Clear browsing data.
5. Select the "Clear browsing history" checkbox.
6. Use the "Clear data from this period" menu to select the amount of data you want to delete. Select Everything to clear your entire browsing history completely.
7. Click Clear browsing data.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Gra-cracker & penner, welcome to the forum! As TorrentG & Thrax have already stated, and I not only agree with their opinion, but use the product for daily cleansing, is CCleaner. You can either leave the pre-checked options as they are, or just check the ones you need. CAUTION: The last group on the list, is best left unchecked, unless you know what you're doing. Make sure that you go into Settings, and select how many overwrites you want (usually three, the DOD method) will do the trick. You may wish to uncheck to wipe free space for daily cleaning.

Also, they have a web site, where you can register for the latest news regarding the product. And learn more than what I've said about it.

Best of Luck,
Cat

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
The OP only wishes to clean his history?
I think penner pretty well covered it for the browsers he says he is using, except for IE, which was covered in another post.
It can sometimes be a mistake to clean out cookies, for example
"Tools - Privacy" Hmm. Maybe you are on a different subject there?

Reaction score
Turn off Browser run ccleaner and clean the table with napkin ;)

Reaction score
go to tools>internet option> select the option delete history on exit
or use reginout software to clean it, it has an option of schedule task which u can set

Ask a Question