Internet Explorer not working

Reaction score
I cannot open IE either from task bar icon or through Start Menu. Clicking on a hyperlink does not open IE also.

If I locate the exe file will it reinstall IE? What is name of file and where to find?

Reaction score
Well, if your IE is broken but you can still post online, you must have another browser installed... correct? And practically any other browser is better than IE, so why even bother with it? Since you're online, you can always get something decent, like Firefox.

As for finding IE, the exe file is c:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe.

Reaction score
Agreed, but it is not my computer - belongs to a lady friend who states that a couple of her other friends also has the same problem! I suggested she use system restore to a time a time before it stopped working but she said the only restore point working is the day IE became faulty.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
That's a good link. I would also encourage you to have her scan for viruses; the best way is from safe mode as described at the beginning of my post HERE (I realize she doesn't have a BSOD issue but the safe mode scan is the same).

Reaction score
That's a good link. I would also encourage you to have her scan for viruses; the best way is from safe mode as described at the beginning of my post HERE (I realize she doesn't have a BSOD issue but the safe mode scan is the same).
I will ask her to download (and update virus definitions) for MalWare bytes and then run and see what the result is.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
If she already has other anti-virus software then be sure to tell her to uncheck the box that would start the free trial on install and never select any options to start the free trial while using the manual scan. The manual scan is free and is passive but the free trial makes it active (Two active A/V programs could conflict).

Ask a Question