Internet Explorer 8 Crashes

Reaction score
Is there anybody here using IE8? I've got it installed in Windows 7 and Vista, and its buggy on both. Opening a new tab or pasting something is like Russian Roulette. It can just crash for no reason!

I'd assume that it would be stable for most people given that its at Beta 2 already?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I had the exact same problems with it - it seems to be quite common. Give FF a go for now if you want and then try IE8 once it's fully released or the beta improves :)

Reaction score
Same trouble

Is there anybody here using IE8? I've got it installed in Windows 7 and Vista, and its buggy on both. Opening a new tab or pasting something is like Russian Roulette. It can just crash for no reason!

I'd assume that it would be stable for most people given that its at Beta 2 already?
I wonder if I should have uninstalled the Windows 8 beta 2 when I installed Win7 over Vista?

Reaction score
i get the crash problem when playing video in fullscreen but now it tends to crash in small screen too.

Reaction score
IE 8 is just fine for me in Windows 7. It loads fast and quite responsive too. :cool:

Reaction score
IE 8

I haven't experience any problems with IE8 actually seems to be faster than previous versions. You may want to check if you have install any tool bars such as Google tool bars or ATT Yahoo tool bars! All this add ons cause problems eventually. Specially on a beta version of the browser.

chivazo

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've got IE8 RC1 running on my Vista installation, and it seems faster at rendering pages... but it seems to crash whenever I come out of hibernation mode. I've not tried disabling any plugins yet, but I'll give it a go and submit feedback :)

Reaction score
I have periodic freeze ups - Other than that IE8 on Win7 runs much better than IE7 for me

Reaction score
IE8 in latest build of Windows 7 i.e. build 7048 is better than ever. It loads webpages finely and the rendering speed is much improved.

Ask a Question