Internet Explorer 64 bit

Reaction score
Is there any advantage to running the 64 bit version of Internet Explorer? Things like Adobe Flash don't work for me and it doesn't seem to be any faster than the normal 32 bit version of IE. Does anyone bother using it?

FWIW, there's also a 64 bit FireFox available here.

Reaction score
It's really not worth running any browser's x64 binary. There isn't a web app or run time on earth that requires so many resources such that giving it access to 64-bit memory space would offer an improvement.

Kougar

OCing one chip at a time
Reaction score
As Thrax said there's no real advantages gained form using it. In fact you will find most (almost every single) plug-in from Java, flash, and ActiveX controls won't work under IE8 64bit. You would have to download special 64-bit capable versions of these plugins to use most of them.

Reaction score
Well I have found the 64 bit IE to be a minimal bit faster on clicking through links, but since Flash doesnt have a 64bit version, I only use it for stuff like looking up the weather, news, going on Wikipedia, checking email, and that kind of stuff. But still I do not know why they needed to add a 64 bit Explorer to Windows.

Ask a Question