Intermittent Network/Internet Connectivity

Reaction score
Hello,

Just upgraded my Vista 64-bit install to Win7 Home Prem 64-bit.

Everything has been working great except for an internet/network issue. At random times, all of a sudden the icon in the tray gets that yellow exclamation point over it and says there's a network issue and no internet available. It's like that until I disable and re-enable the network adapter. There are other systems on the wired router and they're still working fine (vista and xp machines).

The strange thing is it *seems* to only do it when I start doing more than one thing at the same time. I.e. trying to watch youtube while playing an online game. Or, downloading a pdf while streaming music. All of a sudden, all Internet goes down (other computers still working fine though). Once I reset the adapter, all is well.

Any ideas here?

Reaction score
Perhaps it is the driver. Did you manually install the driver or was it detected by Windows 7 after you installed?

Go to the device manufacturers website and download the lastest driver.

Reaction score
I had this problem too! It seemed to have fixed itself.

The first time I installed 7 it would do this every few seconds, After about 10 minutes it was doing it every few minutes.

After about an hour it was doing it now and again and then the morning after everything was fine.

It was quite confusing.

I installed my driver but I found that made no difference and that it sorted itself out.

Ask a Question