Installing Error

Reaction score
Ok, so I downloaded a few games and I tried to install them but every time I pressed setup it showed me an error massage saying :
"File system error (-10########). "
(# stands for some number, it changes all the time)
I that the program is with the files because I downloaded them or something, but today I downloaded the MSN installer from msn.com and it showed me the same thing, so I understood that it wasn't a problem with the files.

How can I fix this problem?

Last edited:

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Welcome to the Windows 7 Forums website eitannatie! :ciao:

We need more infomation. Are you saying the installer(s) for the games, etc., are not working?

What version of Windows 7 are you using? Did you buy the computer with Window 7 pre-installed?

If you installed Windows 7 yourself, did you do an "upgrade" install over Vista or did you do a clean (custom) install?

Reaction score
Welcome to the Windows 7 Forums website eitannatie! :ciao:

We need more infomation. Are you saying the installer(s) for the games, etc., are not working?

What version of Windows 7 are you using? Did you buy the computer with Window 7 pre-installed?

If you installed Windows 7 yourself, did you do an "upgrade" install over Vista or did you do a clean (custom) install?
I got it pre installed and it's windows 7 home premium

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
You might try a System Restore via Windows 7 or reload the OS from your "Recovery Partition".

You have what appears to be some registry errors going on.

A quick fix possibly is to download CCleaner and use it's Registry Cleaner/Fix option and see what happens.

Click the link below to download it.

CCleaner - Download

Reaction score
You might try a System Restore via Windows 7 or reload the OS from your "Recovery Partition".

You have what appears to be some registry errors going on.

A quick fix possibly is to download CCleaner and use it's Registry Cleaner/Fix option and see what happens.

Click the link below to download it.

CCleaner - Download
The cc instaler has the same problem and so does the System Restoring... I think I just have to reainstall windows

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
The cc instaler has the same problem and so does the System Restoring... I think I just have to reainstall windows
That's probably the best way to go, be sure to wipe your hard drive clean during the install process and install the chipset drivers first, then the video drivers, LAN or wireless next, then the sound drivers.

Be sure to get the latest drivers from the computer maker's website, download them and store on a thumb drive, external hard drive or burn to a CD-RW disc.

Ask a Question