Installing a fresh, clean copy of Windows 7.

Reaction score
I have a hard drive with 3 partitions, one C which has my current Windows 7 installed, D which has my Backup files, and E which is empty.

Now the problem is I don't have access to a pen drive/DVD ROM etc, and is there anyway I can do a fresh install of Windows 7 install with an ISO I have. Maybe by putting it on my E drive or something? PLEASE HELP!

Reaction score
1st! IF windows is not corrupt etc, if you Boot to F8 you can use repair my computer then after you go through the basic info depending on your brand of pc which is unknown, at least in dells the last option is "Dell Factory PC Restore" etc that restores it back to factory. another thing you can do is if you can get into windows fine for now, then using disk management or easeus partition software (right click my computer > properties) you can make the E partition larger like 10gb and up then Mount the ISO you have using magic disc, or any other free tools then it shows up like a disc then continue with the installation and use the E drive as destination to install! making the partition larger is just to fit all the windows files.

Ace

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
What do you use "E:\" for exactly? Just curious.

Note: You actually have 4 partitions :) One of which is hidden as the System Reserved partition.

What do you mean you can't access DVD Rom or your USB/Pen drives? Is there an error code that shows? I'm not quite sure what you mean here, you'll need to clarify that.

If you do a fresh install I wouldn't suggest installing it over a partition, format that HDD and install over the full thing, or format all the partitions except the one with your backup files on it, merge them into one volume, then install windows over that, copy your backup files over to the partition with your newly installed Windows on it, and format the backup partition, then expand that back into the allocation with your Windows partition... How much space do you have on the partition currently marked E:\? and what would you do with the other partitions that already have Windows installed on?

Ask a Question