Image backup

Reaction score
I'm getting the message "The backup application could not start due to an intrnal error".

I've been trying to set up the image backup in Windows 7 prof. 32 bit.

What am I missing or what does my OS not not have setup?

Thanks for your help.

zigzag3143

Wanikiya
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
I'm getting the message "The backup application could not start due to an intrnal error".

I've been trying to set up the image backup in Windows 7 prof. 32 bit.

What am I missing or what does my OS not not have setup?

Thanks for your help.
Quicey Hi and welcome

Usually that error is either a configuration issue or a dmaged file. Can you run a system file check to verify (and repair) your system files?

Run a system file check to verify and repair your system files.
To do this type cmd in search, then right click to run as administrator, then
SFC /SCANNOW

Read here for more information http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1538-sfc-scannow-command-system-file-checker.html

Let us know the results from the report at the end.

Reaction score
Hi and thanks,

I ran sfc /scannow and got the following report: "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

I'm still getting the same message so it doesn't seem to have fixed the problem.

I'm also unable to set up "Restore points"

Regards

This is further edit on the above:

I rebooted and after checking that both the above items are running there is still no joy. Nothing has changed. I'm wondering I also run Acronis 2011 is it possible that that program is preventing both system restore and the Windows backup not working are prevented by Acronis???

Regards,

Last edited:

Elmer BeFuddled

Resident eejit
Reaction score
Hi Quincy,

Can you GoTo Services and make sure the Volume Shadow Copy & Task Scheduler Services are running (Control Panel, Admin. Tools, Services).

Reaction score
I checked in services and the are set as "automatic" However when I brought up "Task Scheculer" the settings are greyed out. And checking in task manager, neither of them show as running..
Both are shown as automatic in services and I restarted volume shadow copy. Still no show in task manager. I also checked in the services section of "msconfig". both were set as running but volume shadow copy was not checked???

I'll try again by rebooting and see if there is a change. I'll let you know later.

I screwed up my reply/edit please read my previous post. As you can see I'm more befuddled than you could possibly be.

Regards

Last edited:

Ask a Question