IE8 running slow.

Reaction score
IE8 running slow with Windows 7, there seem to be 2 iexplorers ruuning in the backgroud. Also the CPU is running at 100%, I tried everything. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Prithiraj.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
When you run Task Manager, does it show more than one IE running in the Applications Tab?

Reaction score
IE8 running slow

No, it does show up in the Task Manager Proceeses tab, when you open Internet Explorer 8 two iexplorer shows in the Tak Manager one 35,596k and the other is 18,384k. then if you ran any online videos the CPU just keep running at 100%. Only one shows in the Apps tab.

Prithiraj.

Reaction score
To resolve the possible two screens running in the background you might want to make sure you only have one webpage designated as your homepage. Go to the webpage you would like to have as your homepage, then click on the down arrow attached to the house icon on your toolbar. From the dropdown list select 'add or change home page'.
Disabling any unecessary Add-ons may help increase the speed of IE8. The following Microsoft Support website can help you to do this: http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2006/07/25/678113.aspx
If you are still having problems then I recommend to try and reinstall IE8.
Hope this helps. Good luck!
Melissa
IE8 Outreach Team

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
No, it does show up in the Task Manager Proceeses tab, when you open Internet Explorer 8 two iexplorer shows in the Tak Manager one 35,596k and the other is 18,384k. then if you ran any online videos the CPU just keep running at 100%. Only one shows in the Apps tab.

Prithiraj.
It is NORMAL for Internet Explorer to show as two processes running. So far as the CPU showing 100%, is that showing up in System Idle Process under the processes tab? If it is that is normal too, because its the showing how much the system is idle. 89% equals resting at 89%, not CPU running at that.

In the Performance Tab it will show how much your processor is running at, percentage wise.

Also you can check the Resource Monitor button and it will show you what all is going on too.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
To resolve the possible two screens running in the background you might want to make sure you only have one webpage designated as your homepage. Go to the webpage you would like to have as your homepage, then click on the down arrow attached to the house icon on your toolbar. From the dropdown list select 'add or change home page'.
Disabling any unecessary Add-ons may help increase the speed of IE8. The following Microsoft Support website can help you to do this: http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2006/07/25/678113.aspx
If you are still having problems then I recommend to try and reinstall IE8.
Hope this helps. Good luck!
Melissa
IE8 Outreach Team
This is Windows 7, not XP. You can't uninstall IE8 here, there's no IE7 or IE6 to fallback on. This article you pointed us to is regarding IE7. And some of the blogs on there date back to 2004. This is 2010.

Last edited:

Ask a Question