icons all messed up

Reaction score
Suddenly windows 7 decided to go bananas with the icons - most of the program icons in the taskbar and start menu are wrong - i.e. the MS Outlook Icon looks like the calculator Icon, the windows explorer icon looks like the calculator icon and the google chrome icon looks like the sticky notes icon.

Anyone have any idea how to fix this? I tried doing a system restore but that didn't work.

Reaction score
Hmm, back during the Windows XP days they had the UITweak utility that fixed that. You have to refresh something to fix it, I'll look into it and let you know if I find anything.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
It's those pesky ebe's (aliens) again! They similar to the infamous gremlins of WWII flyer fame.

Kougar

OCing one chip at a time
Reaction score
From what I can find out, you should try deleting the "IconCache.db" in your C:/Users/Username/AppData/Local folder to force the OS to rebuild your icon cache. Replace Username with whatever your account/PC name is. You will need to be able to view hidden OS files & folders to browse the AppData folder.

Reaction score
Hello everyone... I have problem with my Icons on Windows 7
First of all it all began yesterday I turned off my computer and next morning(today) i turned it on and all of my icons went blank with colorful dots something like Broken files...I tried System restore, Registry, Explorer.exe but it's not working

Here's pic;

Attachments

Ask a Question