I would like to ask?

Reaction score
I'm looking for a new pc and i would like to ask is it worth buy pc with no possibilities to expand his RAM ? ( msi cx620 i5-430m )

P.S.sry for bad english ;/

Last edited:
Reaction score
I guess it depends on how much is already installed. I find that 4GB is plenty but others may not feel the same. If there are only 2GB with no possibility of expansion I would pass it by.

Kalario

Aquarius
Reaction score
I would like to ask what you use the PC for? Just browsing, email and word, etc or are you into gaming?

Reaction score
Well that pc i will use for gaming ant studying and for browsing too

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
4GB is considered the "sweet spot" for 64 bit systems. It will run on 2GB, but there's things that you can't do with that amount of RAM, such as heavy gaming, running a virtual machine (VM), which is a computer within a computer, video clips load faster, I could go on and on, but it's not necessary, 4GB minimum for 64 bit is best. If you have expansion slots to make it 6GB, that would be better, but for most home users, it's not necessary.

Not only your RAM, but processor should be considered, too. A quad outperforms a dual by far, and leaves a single in the dust.

BTW, mark3nt, welcome to the forum! I think you'll like it here, this is a great forum, with outstanding support.

Last edited:

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Well that pc i will use for gaming ant studying and for browsing too
I you intend to do as what you've stated above, then a dual-core CPU and 4 GB of RAM will be more than adequate.

However, if you plan on heavy Photoshop use, video editing, Auto-CAD and multiple windows open at once then a quad-core CPU "may" be better for you. Your 4GB of RAM should be adequate though.

I run 6GB of Mushkin Enhanced Blackline RAM PC8500 DDR2 1066MHz @ 5-5-5-15 timings and it frikkin' smokes! I used to run 4GB but added another 2 - 1GB sticks a few weeks ago and even my web browsing speeded up, which is something I wasn't expecting for sure.

The nice feature about Mushkin Enhanced RAM is that its EPP chip on-board automatically sets the correct clock frequency and timings in the BIOS on most motherboards without any input from the user, now that is sweet!

Are you building this PC yourself? Is a computer shop building it for you? If so, then be sure to put the best quality RAM you can into the machine as you won't regret it, believe me.

Ask a Question