I see "Off Title Threads" is closed....

Elmer BeFuddled

Resident eejit
Reaction score
And I wanna know what happened with little nova, draceena's pet budgie.

Did he/she live to a ripe old age??

Did he/she disappear into the wild blue yonder/the vacuum/the neighbours cat??

The suspense is killing me!

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
He developed a tumor or cyst and died... sniff.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
To see a picture of her bird and other members & their pets check out this thread and maybe post your own. Just don't look at Nibs "wife after divorce" if it is near mealtime. I wish he would remove that, it "gives me the willies" every time I see it; of course some may feel the same about my baby boa constrictors :p .

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
My grandmother had a green parakeet when I was younger and she forgot it was out. She opened the window to throw some food to wild birds outside and Petey swooped down off the china cabinet and right out the window. Is that a happier ending?

Last edited:

Elmer BeFuddled

Resident eejit
Reaction score
Thankyou Trainable Man.

You've just reminded me of a traumatic period of my younger days when my budgie (also Peter) escaped using the same method!!

I was in counselling for months. OK, me Mam bought me an ice cream. But it could of been traumatic!

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
My Grandma's was Petey (Peet-ee) not Peter but I'm glad I could remind you of such a fond memory of your mum comforting you with sweets :D If you need more counseling please remember I'm always here with this level of compassion :p

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]XfmVBmDKLZI[/MEDIA]"]YouTube - Geico Drill Sergeant Therapist[/ame]
I don't mean to advertise and offer this only as humorous effect as it applies to this but if it is unacceptable a mod may delete.

Last edited:

draceena

That Crazy Amazon Chick!
Reaction score
Nova was a sweet little girl and lived to the ripe old age of 5 human years. The Cyst was not painful to her and she was active and happy to the end. So it was not a totally unhappy ending. Plus, we buried her in the woods near a neighborhood park.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Just to be clear, I was teasing Elmer, I didn't mean it to belittle your loss draceena.

I do understand how hard loss can be. In the end Rascal had arthritis and sometimes couldn't hardly walk and she lost all control of her bowels, I finally had to have her put to sleep but it's never easy, even if you know it's time.

See when I can joke about things I'm OK but writing this serious feelings stuff has me in tears.

Ask a Question