I cannot connect to a certain website

Reaction score
I cannot connect to http://www.painlessperformance.com

This started immediately when I installed W7 from (msdnaa.net) through my school.

It worked fine on the wife's pc that had Vista (at the same time W7 didn't work for me), we installed W7 & it no longer was able to connect to pp.com.

Any other problems similar to this? (I've already searched on google & found problems with Vista, not W7).

Thanks for any help or ideas...and I've already done the (website diagnostic) on W7. It says it's pp's site.

Also: if anybody else could try that site and let me know if it works for you, that would be great.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi 00Xtreme262 - Welcome to w7forums :ciao:

The site still works 00Xtreme262

Unfortunately I don't know what to tell you on why you can not view the site.

Reaction score
Sweet, I wonder if it's a compatibility issue with my router - Linksys WRT54G. Anybody else got this router & having issues with the page?

When I try to bring up my linksys page (192.168.1.1) only colors come up, nothing else.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
I am using the same router and have no problems with the page.
I suppose you are familiar with the compatibilty view in IE8?
If not: Click "Tools" in the menu bar. Click "compatibility View settings"
For the purposes of the test, click the bottom square "Display all sites..etc"

Reaction score
We don't have the router but we are using the "Linksys Switch" and "Linksys Access Point". Our router functionality is built into the modem.

draceena

That Crazy Amazon Chick!
Reaction score
Have you possibly tried a reset of your Router? Not just a power off, but trip the reset buttion?

Reaction score
Hello - I spotted this thread, as you do - and clicked on it to see if I could help. I right clicked the link, and selected Open in new tab. And the thing is i can't access it either, I searched google for it, clicked the site and same thing, im using Google Chrome at the moment and have tried IE too and still no access top the site - this is odd indeed? im using an o2 wireless box. I have no intention in viewing this site, but found this to be odd, and when i find a fix i will inform you :)

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Strange i can access the site (Sky Broadband Router) ?

Reaction score
Thanks for the help everyone. ^ Yes I tried resetting the modem & router, got nothing. I woke up this morning, went to the website & it worked. I haven't changed any settings since then (on FireFox). Maybe it was just PP's website not wanting to send my computer the info.

Ask a Question