HP Web cam 2.0

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Which model webcam is this, as I can't find anything that matches "HP Web cam 2.0"?

If there are vista drivers available, then they should work :)

Reaction score

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
What happens when you try and run that driver software (using the Vista Driver), do you get an error during the install process? You may need to install it using compatibility mode.

Sometimes you can extract the drivers from the archive manually, but I've downloaded this particular one to test it and it doesn't look possible.

Reaction score
HP webcam

Ian

You're totally right. I didn't remember to run using the compatibility mode. Talking to my coworker, she showed that to me. I will uninstall the drivers installed so far and install it again in that mode.

Thanks

Gino

Reaction score
I am back with perhaps the same issue reported here

Hi All

I am back after being long absent from here.

In reply to Ian's last msg:

I tried the compatibility mode (ran it as vista sp2 though) and now I can see my webcam under sound, video and game controllers section in the Device Manager BUT webcam doesn't seem to work with Skype 4.1. Any clue anyone?

Thanks in advance

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
That's good news, at least it's now appearing :) Does it work with any other software?

I'm not familiar with Skype, but perhaps someone else will be able to help that is a regular user of this software. Good luck :)

Reaction score
HP webcam

Thanks Ian. Perhaps I should post this question elsewhere in the forums to get a quicker response.

Ask a Question