How to pin my M:\ drive to taskbar?

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a brand new laptop, OS is W7 Home Premium 64 bit.

I'd like to pin my my M:\ drive shortcut to the taskbar but have no idea how to to it.
Same for my "Download" folder.

How did they manage to make it difficult when it was so easy before?

Thank you!
Alex

Reaction score
Hi,

I used the second link, quicker and simpler, thank you!

I guess you know a way for the "show desktop" to be placed back were it used to be, that is, on the left of the taskbar?
I found different methods, but maybe you know the simplest?

Many thanks for your help,

Alex

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Alex,

Basically what I did was use the Ixquick search engine and went from there.

I know that sounds simple but it worked!

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a problem with a pinned drive (M:\) in my taskbar.
It was working fine, but I realized that the icon was no longer the same. I changed the icon but still the new icon did not appear, So I went into the folder that contains the pinned shortcuts and deleted the shortcut.
I followed again the same procedure you suggested (the second link) and now I get a new pin in the folder but it doesn't show up in the taskbar at all.

I have no idea why.

Can you help?

Thank you
Alex

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
You probably need to recreate or turn on the drive folder toolbar

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Right-click on the task bar and under toolbars turn off the one that doesn't work. Then delete the folder where your drive letter is stored. Create a new folder. Put the drive shortcut inside. Set the icon of the shortcut. Next right-click in an empty spot in the task bar and select toolbar ... new toolbar. Type in the address of the drive folder and hit the "select folder" button. There will be little dots ... right-click on them and unselect text. Drag the dots till the drive icon is seen.

This is exactly as described above. Link

Reaction score
Right-click on the task bar and under toolbars turn off the one that doesn't work. Then delete the folder where your drive letter is stored. Create a new folder. Put the drive shortcut inside. Set the icon of the shortcut. Next right-click in an empty spot in the task bar and select toolbar ... new toolbar. Type in the address of the drive folder and hit the "select folder" button. There will be little dots ... right-click on them and unselect text. Drag the dots till the drive icon is seen.

This is exactly as described above. Link
Thanks for the tip.

However, I used the second procedure mentioned in the second post of this thread, it works fine with my other laptop and it is much simpler. I really want to find the reason why the drive cannot be pinned to the taskbar, although it is present in its folder, it just does not show in the taskbar, very strange behavior...

Alex

Ask a Question