How to get Windows XP Professional SP3 almost for free.mov


S

Seum

Anyone know what this is about?


Almost free???

Free, free, free????

TIA
 
Ad

Advertisements

M

Mikey

Anyone know what this is about?


Almost free???

Free, free, free????

TIA
Aside from the danger that you can't register/activate it, I don't call $79.95 almost
free.

Mike
 
R

Roy Smith

Aside from the danger that you can't register/activate it, I don't call
$79.95 almost free.
I agree... also I'd be very cautious about buying a downloadable version
of Windows from anyone other than Microsoft.


--

Roy Smith
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit
Thunderbird 6.0.1
Saturday, September 03, 2011 5:51:47 PM
 
V

VanguardLH

Seum said:
Anyone know what this is about?


Almost free??? Free, free, free????
Did you even watch that video? You didn't see they navigated to a page
that says "Buy Cheap Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP3"? You don't
understand the definition of "buy"? Or that it shows a cost of $80? I
suppose if you're a multi-billionaire (in cashable assets) that $80 is
such minor pocket change that it would be "almost free" to you. If that
is your financial situation? Yeah, didn't think so.

Well, if you have the correct edition of Windows 7 -- the topic of THIS
newsgroup -- then you already have a free license for Windows XP. It's
called XP Mode and is a free download from Microsoft.
 
S

Seum

VanguardLH said:
Did you even watch that video? You didn't see they navigated to a page
that says "Buy Cheap Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP3"? You don't
understand the definition of "buy"? Or that it shows a cost of $80? I
suppose if you're a multi-billionaire (in cashable assets) that $80 is
such minor pocket change that it would be "almost free" to you. If that
is your financial situation? Yeah, didn't think so.

Well, if you have the correct edition of Windows 7 -- the topic of THIS
newsgroup -- then you already have a free license for Windows XP. It's
called XP Mode and is a free download from Microsoft.
Well Vanguard, you did it again :) I'm stunned! Now I can understand
all those cheapie XPs. I had a look yesterday at ms.com and saw only Win
7. Now I'll have shot at dnloading XP, as you suggest, and biiiiig Thank
You.
 
Ad

Advertisements

S

Seum

soup said:
So are you posting spam a scam or is it JUST commercialy deceptive?

Hello Soupie. I see you haven't been drunk (by someone) yet.

Just have a chat with Vanguard. He knows more than all of the rest of us
put together :)
 
S

Seum

Seum said:
Well Vanguard, you did it again :) I'm stunned! Now I can understand
all those cheapie XPs. I had a look yesterday at ms.com and saw only Win
7. Now I'll have shot at dnloading XP, as you suggest, and biiiiig Thank
You.

OK Vanguard. I visited all those places where Micro**** throws out the
lesser OSs, and other attachments, and the vultures at the gate snap
them up and start swindling the public.

Are you able to give me one URL where I could dnload a FREE (your words)
Win XP?

TIA
 
T

Twayne

In
Seum said:
Anyone know what this is about?


Almost free???

Free, free, free????

TIA
Yeah, it's about this:

This video has been removed as a violation of YouTube's policy against spam,
scams, and commercially deceptive content.
Sorry about that.
 
X

XS11E

Allen Drake said:
Would you be kind enough to tell me what specifically you dislike
about Win7 that you would change or liked better in XP?
Al, the correct answer to your question to Seum is "DO NOT FEED THE
TROLLS!" <g>
 
Ad

Advertisements

S

Stan Brown

The title of this is Win XP, not Win 7. Now you can F*** yourself
:)

The title of this group is Windows 7, not Windows XP.

Don't bother plonking yourself, you troll; I've already done it.
 
S

Stan Brown

Seum said:
[quoted text muted]

http://www.youtube.com/watch[snip]

Almost free??? Free, free, free????
Did you even watch that video? You didn't see they navigated to a page
that says "Buy Cheap Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP3"? You don't
understand the definition of "buy"?
It understands quite well. If it is not in fact the seller, it no
doubt has some financial arrangement with the seller and is
attempting by spam to boost sales.
 
P

Paul

Seum said:
OK Vanguard. I visited all those places where Micro**** throws out the
lesser OSs, and other attachments, and the vultures at the gate snap
them up and start swindling the public.

Are you able to give me one URL where I could dnload a FREE (your words)
Win XP?

TIA
You can get WinXP Mode (virtual machine which runs *within* Windows 7) here.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx

The download page should do a "Genuine" check, to verify you have
the right version of Windows 7. My laptop has Premium, which means
I would be denied this download. If you have a version of Windows 7
higher than Premium (such as can be achieved by *paying* for
an Anytime Upgrade), you can get your "free" Windows XP mode.

So it's "free" if you paid enough upfront in the first place.

Windows XP Mode can solve certain software compatibility issues,
but is no substitute for hardware problems. A virtual machine
does not give direct access to all hardware, so using a virtual
machine doesn't solve all possible problems a user might have.
As far as I know, the virtual machine in this case, has the
ability to access USB devices, but many other kinds of hardware
would be off-limits.

You can watch a video, about using WinXP - if you can figure out
how to install Silverlight. Silverlight really isn't needed,
as this movie used to open in Windows Media Player. Microsoft
did this, to increase their Silverlight downloads. I don't
have Silverlight installed on this computer, and have no plans
to do so.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/help/videos/using-windows-xp-mode

Paul
 
S

Seum

VanguardLH said:
Thank you VLH for your help.

I looked at that URL and found that the Virtual XP is too time consuming
to bother about, so I'm going to search for a REAL disk and hope that it
will install on an HD as easily as the Win2K does.
 
Ad

Advertisements

S

Seum

Paul said:
You can get WinXP Mode (virtual machine which runs *within* Windows 7)
here.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx

The download page should do a "Genuine" check, to verify you have
the right version of Windows 7. My laptop has Premium, which means
I would be denied this download. If you have a version of Windows 7
higher than Premium (such as can be achieved by *paying* for
an Anytime Upgrade), you can get your "free" Windows XP mode.

So it's "free" if you paid enough upfront in the first place.

Windows XP Mode can solve certain software compatibility issues,
but is no substitute for hardware problems. A virtual machine
does not give direct access to all hardware, so using a virtual
machine doesn't solve all possible problems a user might have.
As far as I know, the virtual machine in this case, has the
ability to access USB devices, but many other kinds of hardware
would be off-limits.

You can watch a video, about using WinXP - if you can figure out
how to install Silverlight. Silverlight really isn't needed,
as this movie used to open in Windows Media Player. Microsoft
did this, to increase their Silverlight downloads. I don't
have Silverlight installed on this computer, and have no plans
to do so.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/help/videos/using-windows-xp-mode


Paul
Thanks again Paul. I have decided to go for the real CD for XP. I have
not enough time for virtual things at present.
 
V

VanguardLH

Seum said:
I looked at that URL and found that the Virtual XP is too time consuming
to bother about, so I'm going to search for a REAL disk and hope that it
will install on an HD as easily as the Win2K does.
Time consuming? You mean in the time it takes to download the XP Mode
programs and run them to install? Or in that ANYTHING in an emulated
hardware environment, like VMs (virtual machines), will run slower than
when ran on native hardware? I can't see that a full install of Windows
XP would take less time than installing XP Mode in Windows 7.

So you're looking at multi-booting (you load a boot manager into the MBR
bootstrap area; e.g., gag.sourceforge.net) or use Microsoft's dual-boot
scheme (which first has to [partially] load one OS before you get to
decide which OS you really wanted to load) or hot-swap the disks with
different OS'es so you can have non-concurrent access to Windows 7 and
Windows XP but separately of each other. For that, yep, you'll need to
buy a separate license for Windows XP.

Since you're going the route of getting a "real CD" (for Windows XP),
did you try the youtube-spammed site (the video got banned at youtube)
to see if you can get it "almost for free"? You can probably get it
cheaper at eBay but be damn careful what you buy there and from whom you
buy. There are a lots of eBay sellers dumping "reinstallation CD" (for
"Already on your computer") copies that aren't legal there (eBay gets
notified on these all the time). These are for reinstallation and are
OEM licenses for instances of the OS that came with a laptop or desktop.
The items marked as "Dell" branded could also be BIOS-locked so they
won't install other than on a limited family of models from Dell. But,
if you're careful, you can pickup a legit copy of Windows XP for cheaper
than the youtube-spammed site was going to charge you.
 
S

Stan Brown

Seum said:
[quoted text muted]

I looked at that URL and found that the Virtual XP is too time consuming
to bother about, so I'm going to search for a REAL disk and hope that it
will install on an HD as easily as the Win2K does.
Time consuming? You mean in the time it takes to download the XP Mode
programs and run them to install?
It's a troll. It originally posted a link to a download on a non-
Microsoft site, and now a download from a Microsoft site is "too time
consuming".
 
Ad

Advertisements

S

Seum

Stan said:
Seum said:
[quoted text muted]

I looked at that URL and found that the Virtual XP is too time consuming
to bother about, so I'm going to search for a REAL disk and hope that it
will install on an HD as easily as the Win2K does.
Time consuming? You mean in the time it takes to download the XP Mode
programs and run them to install?
It's a troll. It originally posted a link to a download on a non-
Microsoft site, and now a download from a Microsoft site is "too time
consuming".
The Win 7 I have is Home Premium and I guess that I would end up with a
Home Premium XP, instead of the full XP. In addition I have not played
with the Virtuals and I don't have the time to investigate them.
Thanks for the suggestion anyway :)
 

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question

Top