How to change the shown name of My Document?

Reaction score
The situation is that I normally stored my file in the folder "Alan Data". After I assigned it as the special folder "My Documents" The folder is shown and arranged as My Documents starts with the letter M. The problem is I always open the first folder in the drive. It is always "alan data"starts with "A". It is convenience. Now it becomes "My Documents" and starts with "M". It goes to the middle of the list and takes my time to find it.

Is there any method to assign "Alan Data" as the My Documents and at the same time shows "Alan Data" instead of "My Documents" in the windows explorer?

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Hi dls2046

Have you tried to rename the folders in explorer ?

Reaction score
thanks for your reply. indeed, yes. I tried to change the name of the folder but it shows "My Documents" again once I completed the change.

actually I can see "Alan Data" in DOS prompt and I can see the name "Alan Data" in the properties tab of the folder. But I can only see "My Documents" in windows explorer.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Thats odd, I changed mine this morning to see if it would work ... and it did and I have rebooted .. its stayed changed ?, just rebooted again and its the same :dontknow:

Reaction score
How can you change the "Document" to "Johns Documents"?

thanks?

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Just right click on Documents (in explorer) and in the drop down click rename, I just did my music >

Reaction score
yes i can do that also.
my D:\Alan Data is still shown as D:\My Document though.
sigh~

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Have you possibly changed the name of the locked system folder My Documents" (It has a small padlock on it), If you have your "Tools- Folder Options -View, set to "Dont show hidden files...etc" and "!Hide protected operating..etc" it would mainfest itself as you say??

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
I think as Dave says you need to check dls2046, My Docs is now changed on my Object Dock as well and stays the same >

Ask a Question