SOLVED How to catch thieves who steal your technology

Elmer BeFuddled

Resident eejit
Reaction score
How to catch a thief who steal your technology

Thought the word on this could do with spreading.

Came across this via Click on the BBC.

It is an open source Anti theft software. It can be placed on 3 machines free of charge, sufficient for most households. There are pro versions for more machines / business.
Runs in all flavours of Windows, Mac, Linux and android / iOS.
It takes less than 5 minutes to setup.

Link: Open source anti-theft solution for your laptop, phone and tablet – Prey
Read the FAQs: FAQ – Prey

Mike
I've not tried it myself as (a) I've not got a laptop. (b) No-one in their right mind would steal my old phone :D.

Original Post: How to catch thieves who steal your tech « How-To Geek Forums

Last edited:

Digerati

Post Quinquagenarian
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Curious? Was this a new article at BBC? I ask because Prey has actually been around for a couple years as seen in this 2009 ComputerWorld Article.

I personally would like Prey to include a little hardware device you attach to the notebook or phone that, when you activate it, blows the thief's arms off and sprays his face with indelible purple and pink ink.

Elmer BeFuddled

Resident eejit
Reaction score
Curious? Was this a new article at BBC?
Yes but I picked it up at How to Geeks forum.

I personally would like Prey to include a little hardware device you attach to the notebook or phone that, when you activate it, blows the thief's arms off and sprays his face with indelible purple and pink ink.
That's a device called Meesh, kills for a train ticket and a couple of beers!!

Digerati

Post Quinquagenarian
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Well, notebooks growing legs and walking off is just another reason I really like my big, heavy tower PC that is attached to a dozen or so cables.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Well, notebooks growing legs and walking off is just another reason I really like my big, heavy tower PC that is attached to a dozen or so cables.
That's a BIG DITTO! :)

Ask a Question