how i can install ansys on 64 bit

Reaction score
i have window 7 with 64 bit config. desktop and when i try to install ANSYS 12 of 32 bit then it didn;t installed. they show a message there is some file missing for post installation.
plz tell me how i can installed it on 64 bit

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
The Microsoft compatibility center lists several ANSYS version 12 products but most are marked as compatibility unknown, only ANSYS FLUENT ver 12 is known to be compatible.

What I would suggest trying is to lower UAC (User Account Control) to it's lowest setting. Then right-click on the installation program and choose properties ... compatibility and set the install to run in XP SP2 compatibility mode. Try that and see if it works. If it does then return the UAC back to it's original setting and verify it still works. If installing in compatibility mode will NOT work then I would suggest you contact the company.

You may also consider running it in a Virtual XP window. Virtual PC - XP mode is free to download from Microsoft if you have W7 Profession/Ultimate/Enterprise; other Virtual engines are available if you don't have Pro or better but they require that you have a licensed copy of Windows XP. Take a look at the Virtualization section of our Freeware DB.

Ask a Question