How do I get rid of the saved entries in the search box?

Reaction score
This is what I mean:

I would like to get rid of whatever it saves. As much as I like it to save something for reference, I always don't want it to stay there all the time either and/or have random partial saved entries in it. Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Hi shadowX123 - Welcome to w7forums

I don't use Explorer so I don't know for sure. You could try using CCleaner to remove all cache, cookies, & most recently used list. As far as editing the list to remove partial listings, I don't know if there is a way.

Reaction score
Thank you for the greeting and the response :)

And I tried CCleaner and it works; it would be nice to figure out how to clear it without using it but this works well. Thank you again!

Reaction score
Gordon Bennett!

All you have to do is point to each item on the list and hit the 'Delete' key! ;)

Sometimes it IS the obvious!

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Geoffers is right about the delete key, but CCleaner can be set to delete beyond recovery. You can set it to 4 different overwrite modes, 1x, 3x, 7x and 35x. I set mine to 35 times (the Guttman method). This gives you complete file destruction and privacy. I have tested it out myself using file recovery software, and it works. CCleaner can get rid of those and a lot of other files, has a uninstaller and startup program options, too. Also, it has a registry cleaner, but unless you really know what you're doing, don't mess with it. Too, when selecting your cleaning method, uncheck the wipe free space options, unless you want the program running for hours.

Ask a Question