Homegroup issue

Reaction score
I am Trying to connect my laptop to the homegroup, but keep getting message "must enable Internet Protocol Version 6 IPv6" I've clicked on the adapter properties and IPv6 is checked. I am able to connect to the internet @ remote printer through my wireless router. Any suggestions?

Reaction score
this fix same problem to me.

Modify IPv6 registry key to enable IPV6
Important: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base: 322756
1.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Click Start, type regedit in Search Bar, and then click regedit in the Programs list.
2.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password or click Continue.
3.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\TCPIP6\Parameters
4.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Check whether the "DisabledComponents" registry key exists. If so, let's move on the next steps.
5.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Double click the "DisabledComponents" registry key and modify the value to 0.
(If the key doesn't exist, please create the key above and assign the value 0)
6.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Exit Registry Editor, and then restart the computer.

Ask a Question