HiS vs Sapphire

Reaction score
Question: HiS vs Sapphire?
Personally I prefer HiS and reading around Sapphire apparently have a bit of a rep for shoddy workmanship and issues. But if it was THAT bad they wouldnt be making money right? Although they ARE cheap as hell...

(no i cant be bothered to make a new thread so im asking it here.)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I had a Sapphire 9800 Pro card a few years ago, so they've probably changed a lot since then. From what I've read about them, they use cheaper RAM which doesn't overclock as well as other cards and the cooling isn't as good as HIS cards. It's probably fine to go for the Sapphire if you aren't overclocking, but it is cheaper for a reason. :)

BTW, I split this post from another thread as it made no sense being there. Could you please post new questions as new threads in future please ;)

Reaction score
There's no real difference. Both companies build cards to the reference standard unless otherwise noted by either company. This means the same PCB layout, VRAM chips, cooling, etc.

Reaction score
I had a Sapphire 9800 Pro card a few years ago, so they've probably changed a lot since then. From what I've read about them, they use cheaper RAM which doesn't overclock as well as other cards and the cooling isn't as good as HIS cards. It's probably fine to go for the Sapphire if you aren't overclocking, but it is cheaper for a reason. :)

BTW, I split this post from another thread as it made no sense being there. Could you please post new questions as new threads in future please ;)
You get what you pay for, i guess.

Lol yes, I got a bit lazy!