High CPU?

Reaction score
Hi,

I noticed my computer was acting very slow about a week ago and i virus scanned and spyware checked it. I have also defragged in even stsyem restored. When im streaming videos or musicfrom the net or even is im playing music via itunes it slows down. I checked the CPU usage and especially on the iternet the CPU is very high and sometimes hits 100% for a few seconds bringing the laptop to a complete halt. It's very frustrating can anyone help?

Reaction score
Hi....

Yes...Disable the cpu throttling in the bios. On Intel machines, it's called SpeedStep. On ASUS, it's called Cool N Quiet. On other machines, it's different.

Then set high performance power option in Windows.

Reaction score
Check your manual, it should say. EIST is another possible one.

Along with that, let me help your system out because I am guessing it needs it too.

Type msinfo32 in the start menu then press enter. File | save on the opened screen.

Zip the file then attach the zip to a post using the paperclip above where you type, in advanced mode reply.

Ask a Question