Hi There

Reaction score
I am new here but not to Win 7 or PC's. I have been on the net since it was nothing but a bunch of Bulletin Boards. Learned and forgot all of assembly language programming on a Trash 80 back in 1982.

Kalario

Aquarius
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

Can you ask Zeva to join too? ;)

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, LJG! I would like to have the knowledge of the programming that you once did. Never had to use it, so I never learned.

Programming & being able to run the command line, as you probably already know, gives you total power over your computer. That was the old school, and the best one, as far as learning goes.

Today, most users don't even know how to perform simple tasks with the command line, instead allowing programs (many that's 3rd party) to do the work.

Had I owned a computer in the early '80's, a luxury to many, I'd probably be a far more wiser computer user than I am now. This is especially critical when running Linux, the command line is your friend.

I hope that you enjoy your stay here, as this is a great forum to learn on, plus unlike may of the "other" 7 forums, we're not snobbish here.

Best of Luck,
Cat