Headphone/mic combo

Reaction score
Hello i just bought set of Headphones with a built in mic for my computer But it only has 1 port so either i use the Headphones part or i use the Mic part.... is there anyway i could use both at the same time? thats what i would like... thanks!

Reaction score
The easy fix...take those back...and get one that has a usb connection. Alternatively, you could spend the money on a PCI sound card that has 5.1 or 7.1 inputs or a 5.25 bay or 3.5 bay device that has sound/mic inputs...

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Sounds like that headset is made for phones, like an iphone, etc, not a PC. Return them and get a set with separate jacks for mic & headset.

Or you could buy a splitter ... few dollars if you are willing to wait about 8-15 days from China ... See eBay HERE. You can likely buy it at Radio Shack or Best Buy but unless it is a high-end headset it will probably cost about the same for the adapter as you paid for that set.

Ask a Question