SOLVED HDD partitioning

Reaction score
Hello folks,

I switched to Windows 7 as soon as I could to eliminate the massive troubles in Vista! It was pretty but ohhh . . . I purchased the Windows upgrade (since I had Vista already) and installed it effortlessly on both my PC and the Toshiba Laptop. (I bought the Windows version with three licenses in it - really, I did!) Anyway, on my Toshiba laptop there is a 2 gb partition which was designed to put the computer back to factory setup.

While visiting the Toshiba site to look for W7 upgrades to some of the accessory programs, it was full of warnings to use Toshiba's procedures to upgrade to Windows 7 which would then eliminate that partition (or rewrite it, I don't know) with the newer versions of all the Toshiba accessories. OOPS - too late.

So I can clearly find the help to repartition my drive but the drive is still full of information (well about 30% full). But in the past repartitioning was ALWAYS a data destructive event - using FDISK.

My question: can Windows 7 really change my HDD partition scheme without destroying anything?

I've read a lot in the alt group about partitioning but this aspect is not mentioned.

Thank You, scared to screw with my drive,
Ron H

Ask a Question