Have you had trouble with Windows 7

Have you had trouble with Windows 7?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Have anyone had trouble with Windows 7 and hardware or software?

draceena

That Crazy Amazon Chick!
Reaction score
I think the question is a bit vague. Sure I had a few "growing pains" in learning to use W7 but nothing that I would call a huge problem

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Considering Windows 7 is still quite new and if your going to introduce new Hardware or Software research is important up to a point when you can say ... yes that will work with my Windows 7, so my answer would be No - no trouble as yet.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
It's a curious thread title for a Windows 7 help and discussion forum. The answers are all in the posts.

Reaction score
Hello,
I'm having a problem with windows 7 installation on my dell Inspiron 1440 laptop. When the partion selection screen show then there is nothing shown and in the bottom a message is displayed "No drive found please install the drivers for your hard drive. I hav SATA 320 GB drive but some how lost the drivers! How can i recover them???? Where to get them??? Where to know the model of my SATA Drive to find drivers? Help me Plz

Reaction score
Try Formatting and delete partitions to make only one. The install

Reaction score
I've been using Windows 7 x64 since beta 68xx, and I've had no troubles. I used every leaked version in between that and 7600, too. Never a blue screen, a freeze, or a driver issue.

Reaction score
I had trouble with Key Scambler. The computer is working perfectly well now that I have uninstalled it. The makers are trying to reproduce the problem in their office, so that they can offer a solution..:)

Reaction score
Besides the very small learning curve of W7 (just getting used to the differences of it from XP and Vista), it's been a great OS. I have had trouble with screen crashes (I posted about it under Hardware support) that I didn't have on my older machine, but I'm fairly certain it's more to do hardware side than with W7. I'm quite happy with it!

Reaction score
using W7 about 6 weeks. Pleased. I run multiple big programs (like DreamWeaver, Photoshop and Dwarf Fortress) simultaneously while constantly taking care of other things. Never a hang-up, never a freeze. So far it looks as good as, or maybe even better, than my ol' trusty XP.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
using W7 about 6 weeks. Pleased. I run multiple big programs (like DreamWeaver, Photoshop and Dwarf Fortress) simultaneously while constantly taking care of other things. Never a hang-up, never a freeze. So far it looks as good as, or maybe even better, than my ol' trusty XP.
AgTip, welcome to the forums! I've been using Windows 7 since November with just a couple of small issues. But they're fixed now.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Coco, I realize that you have a lot of youthful enthusiasm, but some of your threads are pointless. Of course there's a lot of people having troubles to some degree or another with Windows 7, otherwise there would be no need for a forum. Look at the hundreds upon hundreds of posts here with people having trouble. When someone installs Windows 7 on a computer that was made for XP, there's going to be problems. Even some that are upgrading from Vista are having problems. This forum is growing rapidly, and we all need to spend our time helping those in need, if we have an answer. Threads like this distracts us from helping others. No, I don't know everything. But I would rather be searching through the threads of those with problems and see if I can help. If not, I keep going down the list. These kind of topics belong in the "Off Topic Discussion", as the answer is obvious.

Reaction score
Although a poll may not be crucial to diagnosis and repair, it is interesting to have experiences gleaned and sorted.

Reaction score
I had high expectations for Windows Media Center, but it is turning out to be a big disappointment to me. It is a CPU hog, that impacts all other Win 7 performance.

WMC freezes or give Low Bit Rat Error, or skips Audio/Video every time I perform another task. Even moving a IE window around will cause it to hang.

My KWorld 315U USB TV tuner worked better with the supplied ArcSoft SW in Win XP with the same work load I have today. When WMC is running I get a 20 sec pause just when opening IE.

I may have to try to load the ArcSoft SW, but suspect it won't work in Win 7.

From the very start, having 3 license sign-ups just to try WMC, was a downer for users.

--------------------------------------------------

I use the TV to view financial news information while trading stocks during the day.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I had high expectations for Windows Media Center, but it is turning out to be a big disappointment to me. It is a CPU hog, that impacts all other Win 7 performance.

WMC freezes or give Low Bit Rat Error, or skips Audio/Video every time I perform another task. Even moving a IE window around will cause it to hang.

My KWorld 315U USB TV tuner worked better with the supplied ArcSoft SW in Win XP with the same work load I have today. When WMC is running I get a 20 sec pause just when opening IE.

I may have to try to load the ArcSoft SW, but suspect it won't work in Win 7.

From the very start, having 3 license sign-ups just to try WMC, was a downer for users.
Just had a look at that on line. I don't fancy watching TV on the computer thanks, I prefer my recliner downstairs.:)

draceena

That Crazy Amazon Chick!
Reaction score
I've been using Media Center like crazy and it is not misbehaving in any way at all. The only thing I have problems is with my ISP's cruddy internet download rates making it harder to watch the TV shows through Media Center. You may want to do some serious troubleshooting for the issues you are having

Reaction score
Just had a look at that on line. I don't fancy watching TV on the computer thanks, I prefer my recliner downstairs.:)
I'am sorry to tell you but the recliner's downstairs will have to go, so will the TV and sound systems. The WMC and WMP is growing with computers so most of us will have a computer set up as a Media center in lounge rooms by 2012. the Media center Idea is already there so why not use it more. The funny thing is we won't call lounge rooms, loungerooms instead mediarooms.:lol:

Ask a Question