Hardware

Reaction score
Is this corsair ssd (CSSD-F120GBGT-BK) compatible with MSI motheboard (890FXA-GD70)?

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Yes, it's compatible. Here's the reason why: the SSD is a SATA III configuration and the MSI motherboard has 6 SATA III ports. Just be sure that you plug in the SSD to the first port. Some motherboard companies label that as port 0 or port 1.

Read your motherboard manual and verify what I've said. Also, be sure to set the SSD as the PRIMARY drive and as the First Boot Device on the BIOS and SAVE those settings. Then you should have no issues installing Windows 7.

Reaction score
Hi. I have a core 2 duo compaq 420 laptop. I wanted to install a i7 processor chip into it. Can I do so and if I can, do I have to worry about compatibility? Thanks

Digerati

Post Quinquagenarian
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
@hadikhan Please start your own thread with your own question. "Hijacking" another poster's thread with your own questions is seen as poor forum etiquette as it can take resources (responders) away from the OP's (original poster) problem and can cause confusion. Starting your own thread means the responses will be for you and your problem, not someone else's.

As for the SATA SSD, do understand SATA III is forwards and backwards compatible with previous versions of SATA. In other words, that SATA III SSD would still work fine connected to a SATA II or I interface. And a SATA I or II device would work fine in a SATA III interface.

However, to take full advantage of SATA III's improved performance, using a SATA III device in a SATA III interface is the way to go. So, take care in selecting the right motherboard connector because that particular MSI motherboard has both SATA III and SATA II connectors.

Ask a Question