Hardware Acceleration Issue

Reaction score
I am using HP Compaq dc5100 MT and recently installed Windows 7. Whenever, I try to run windows game, following message come across before opening of game.

"hardware acceleration is either disabled or not supported by your video card driver,which could slow game performance.make sure you have the latest video card driver installed and that hardware acceleration is turned on

Performance of the game (simple freecell game) also suffers, which I could smoothly play on xp.

I checked my device manager where all devices are propertly installed.
Then I went to HP site, but drivers for windows 7 for my machine are not available. I tried to run windows xp and vista's drivers on win 7, but it did not work.

Any solution or shall I switch back to xp?
Please advise.
Regards,

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Hi umer! Welcome to the Windows 7 Forums website!

That is a rather old system you have, probably about 6 years or so and uses a Celeron CPU along with an Intel 915GV Express chipset with Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 900.

From the Intel website:
Windows 7* drivers are not available for the following older Intel® graphics controllers:

• Mobile Intel® 915GM/GMS, 910GML Express Chipset Family
  • Intel® 82915G/82910GL Express Chipset Family
  • Intel® 82865G Graphics Controller
  • Intel® 82852/82855 Graphics Controller
  • Intel® 82845G Graphics Controller
  • Intel® 82830M Graphics Controller
  • Intel® 82815 Graphics Controller
  • Intel® 82810 Graphics Controller
The Microsoft Windows 7* operating system (OS) supports two different graphics driver models: the Windows* Display Driver Model (WDDM 1.0 & 1.1) and the older Windows* XP Driver Model (XPDM). WDDM drivers provide the 3D graphical user interface experience to users. XPDM drivers provide an interface that visually resembles the Windows XP user interface and do not support Windows 7 OS premium features such as the Microsoft Aero* user interface.

Only XPDM drivers** are available for the following older Intel® graphics controllers:

• Mobile Intel® 915GM/GMS, 910GML Express Chipset Family
  • Intel® 82915G/82910GL Express Chipset Family
  • Intel® 82865G Graphics Controller
  • Intel® 82852/82855 Graphics Controller
  • Intel® 82845G Graphics Controller
  • Intel® 82830M Graphics Controller
  • Intel® 82815 Graphics Controller
  • Intel® 82810 Graphics Controller
You can do whatever regarding switching back to XP if you want. Either that or building a new system with up to date hardware.

Good luck in whichever way you go!
~Nibs

Reaction score
hi
i used hp pavilion dv6000
and i suffer fromsame Hardware Acceleration problem , i have latest video graphic card then also it gives the same problem will u plz help me

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
shirani - the HP DV6000 is "CTO" type of notebook computer. Which means that "CTO" is a Custom To Order unit.

What is the graphics card you have? What is the FULL model number, that will help too.

Please give a much model information as possible.
~Nibs

Ask a Question