GPEdit.msc...?

Reaction score
Hello,

The more fast the Windows 7 is the more it has problems, currently the GPEdit.msc doesnot save some settings such as disable changing homepage settings. The funny things is that just a couple of weeks everything was fine, but even on a fresh install this does not work. What I observed is that on fresh install everything is fine, I can disable the above homepage setting but after the first or the second restart is where the problem occurs. And upon checking the event viewer and changing the the above setting event viewer says that no change has been made, while for the ones successfully changed event viewer says successfully changed group policy setting. Have been searching for a cure for this disease but nothing has been of a success..
have a look at the images: http://img716.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=gpeditmsc1.jpg

in one image the internet explorer home page settings has been disabled in gpedit.msc but in another image its still not disabled..

The following has already been attempted but to no avail.

Deleting registry.pol files in system32 folder and restarting the system, please help with any thing else

Thank you

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Touqeer9045, Did you ever resolve this? Though I use group policy editor a bit, I've never experienced this situation so I had no help to offer but I did find it interesting and would like to hear if you found a solution.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Sound like the OP is part of a domain which may be restricting the settings and that's why it occurs with fresh install.

Ask a Question