Unlock full admin account in seven [allversions]

Logon using your usual account.
Launch the cmd prompt - Make sure you select, 'Run as administrator'
Net user administrator p£ssw0rD
Net user administrator /active:yes
Switch User, or logoff
Logon as Administrator Password p£ssw0rD
(Your password may be different!)

or alternatively you could put it all into a .bat file.

**trun admin on**

cls

Net user administrator password
Net user administrator /active:yes
pause

***turn admin off***

cls

Net user administrator password
Net user administrator /active:no
pause

Last edited:
Reaction score
First of all welcome to the forum LeHam! ( I see you only made two post ). I don't want to pick on you, I really don't... so I will only comment on one thing you said:
"or alternatively you could compile it all into a .bat file." you don't "compile" a .bat file, you write commands and save them in a script known as a batch file. The contents of a .bat are not binary therefore you are not "compiling" it nor is it compiled. As for the rest of it, Most of us know this already... But thanks for posting!

Last edited:
Reaction score
ok

i was just trying 2 be helpful is all... i feels stupid now :(

Reaction score
No lol your taking it the wrong way, I do not think your stupid at all! I was just trying to correct you on the terminology you were using. It's okay I mix up terminology all the time, it really is to keep current on the words your supposed to use lol :D
sorry though, the last thing I wanted to do was make you feel stupid. I'm sure what you posted will come in handy to a few people, but like I said most of us that play around with our computer elevated our privileges along time ago.

BTW when I first got on this site, I said some things that other people ( and me ) didn't consider cool and then I got banned. But after I thought about it I realized what a jerk I was being and I came on here again to try to contribute, and im glad I did because this is a really friendly forum and it's really fun to help people that use Windows 7 even if i'm not the biggest fan myself. So again i'm sorry I hope you don't leave I really think you could contribute, you just got to find a good topic ( and trust me that can be hard ). Try to respond to other threads on this site to get a feel about what we talk about most of the time. What I said could have been considered a little condescending, I didn't mean it to be that way I just wanted to help you and others realize that .bat are not compiled files. So stick around this is actruly one of the best forums I have been a part of, it even feels better then the Linux ones :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Compiled Batch files

It's been a long time, but if I remember correctly, I wrote several batch files, and used a batch file compiler to make them 'exe' files. I agree that batch files are normally not compiled, but apparently they can be. Again, this is from memory of many years ago. In any case, a quick check of the Internet shows several programs that claim to convert a batch file into an executable.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
i was just trying 2 be helpful is all... i feels stupid now :(
No need to feel stupid. Yes, you were trying to help. If you are new to a site such as this, a search might be useful, in the first instance, to see if it has already been posted. There are, in fact, several such on the site.
Have a look down in the Windows articles. There is a heap of tutorial posts there. Even one on your subject by myself:

https://www.w7forums.com/access-global-administartor-account-windows-7-a-t4412.html

Fwiw. LOL. Compile works for me Dic:
to put together (documents, selections, or other materials) in one book or work.

Last edited:

Ask a Question