Games on 2nd Monitor

Reaction score
I am having trouble displaying some games on my second monitor, a Samsung 1080p TV. I run the computer through a Dell 24" and the TV at the same time. The desktop shows on both but only some games don't show on the TV, it shows no connection. I have just installed an XFX 5970 card so there must be some setting I need to adjust as everything worked fine on an 8800 ultra.
Can anybody help please?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I think there may be a problem with that graphics card but if you ship it to me I can fix it in 2 or 3 years - LOL. Nice card!

Are you connecting via the DVI or the mini-displayport? I'll assume DVI.

Check the games resolution & refresh rate to make sure they are compatible with your TV monitor. Likely 1024x768 @ 60Hz

Reaction score
Oh what a shame you are so far away, LOL.
The TV is connected with a DVI to HDMI lead. If I run the computer with only the TV screen, the games show up. Its only when I try to run the game on both screens does the TV say no connection when playing some games

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I can't afford to experience this problem myself and the only thing I located in searching the web mentioned the REFRESH RATES of the game. When you said it is only SOME games it made me think this does sound like an incompatibility with the in-game settings.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Reaction score
I dont think it is the refresh rates because I have checked that. I have manged to get a game displaying by running it in window mode.But if a game doesn't have this option how do you force it to run in window mode. I never had this problem with my Nvidia card.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
What game did you get to work if windowed and what are the ones you can't get to work? Also are you running 32- or 64-bit Win 7?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Reaction score
rfactor, Need for Speed Shift and the Arma 2 demo work on the TV but not Steam games.
Attached is a Screen dump of the 2 monitor setup.
Tried the "-windows" addition but says it is not a valid target.

Anyway thanks for all your help.

Attachments

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score

Ask a Question