Game Icons in Games directory

Reaction score
hi, is there any possibility to point the game icons in games directory from statup which file they should run when I click on them? just like when one rightclicked an icon in xp and could browse the files?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've read your post a few times, but I can't understand what you are trying to achieve. Can you explain it a little more clearly and I'll try to help :)

Reaction score
remember shortcuts in win xp? well, there are some "shortcuts" in win 7 games directory, in startup. I mean, when you push the start logo in taskbar, you get to choose between "documents", "pictures" etc. and "games". when you enter games, there are icons of games. in xp, you could rightclick on these icons, then click "browse" button and point those shortcuts, what specific file should they run. here in win 7 you cannot choose anything. in fact, you don't have the browse button at all. so how can I point those icons which file they should run?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I think I understand now - you mean the "start menu" not startup? Startup is a folder on the start menu that automatically loads up applications on each boot.

I'm not aware of a way to alter the path that a game uses without delving in to the registry. However, you can do something much easier. If you make an icon on your desktop pointing to the game you want, you can them move this by dragging and dropping it in to the games folder on the start menu. :)

Reaction score
Budzu, are you asking about the "Change Icon" option?

You can right click an icon, then click Properties >Change Icon>Browse

It doesn't appear to work for the Windows "Games" though.

Last edited:
Reaction score
thanks to you both. I wasn't asking about "change icon" though :)))) Ian, I've figured it out that one could do that thing but when you install a game it has always some different icon in"games" which usually are more beautful than shortcut icons and I just wanted to keep them somehow :)))) but thanks anyway

Ask a Question