Friday the 13th...

Reaction score
Does anyone here take the old suspicion seriously. I personly think its a load of baloney but my grandparents took it much more serious. Is it just that the modern generation is chilled out more, or could it be lets say that we are less religious than our forebearers?? My grandad would not step out of the house on the 13th!!

I did once read that the reason people are superstitious of this date is because King Philip ordered the killing of the Templar Knights to begin on this day in 1307!

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I always wondered where this date came from.

Not superstitious in the slightest here :) I'll happily walk under ladders in front of black cats on Friday 13th ;)

Reaction score
I'm sure if there was anything to the old superstition, we would have heard more about accidents on this day.

I really don't think it has anything to do with religion. If anything it's probably more so on the other side of the line.

Reaction score
I really don't think it has anything to do with religion
I think you are probably right in that respect, I guess its more myths and folklore.

@Ian. Do you know why walking under ladders is classed as bad luck.... walking under ladders is supposed to bring bad luck not due to someone dropping things on you but because when a ladder is up it creates a triangle, this was said to be the triangle of trinity or somthing simularly apt named. Walking under a ladder was seen as breaking the triangle.

And that just about sums up my knowledge of superstition lol just one of those useless facts that you store in the back of your head and never forget!!

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Myths, folklore, superstition :lol: no don't do that :D

draceena

That Crazy Amazon Chick!
Reaction score
Friday the 13th is no more scary to me than Saturday the 14th...unless you count the movie...hehehe

:D

Ask a Question