Fresh install questions

Reaction score
I'm thinking about doing a clean install-- I have W7 on an 80 gig partition with a 10 gig partition on another drive I use for the swap file. Anything special I should know with doing a clean install on my C drive?

Reaction score
It's the first clean install with a separate swap file, and the swap file partition says 1.95 gigs free in 9.99, so I guess it's using it?

Edit: I've been to that link before, but just read through it again. I take it all I'll have to do is clear the W7 100 meg partition and W7 will reuse it as its reserved partition and reformat the the swap file partition to be reused after installation?

Last edited:

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Windows 7 may have made that size on the partition, but you can set your own custom size swap file. It's easy to do and takes just a minute or so to do it.

Basically, you want to wipe that 80GB partition clean. Windows 7 will create the 100MB partition on it's own during the initial install process.

Ask a Question