Free Calls in the US & Canada w/GMail!

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I don't believe this! I signed up for a free GMail account, and got FREE phone service too. I've been mainly anti-Google ever since a couple of years ago. Needless to say, I now have a refreshed attitude towards Google.

With the FREE email service, you not only get free email, but can make 100% FREE phone calls (in the US & Canada) w/no special equipment to install, except a headset, if your computer doesn't have a webcam/microphone built in.

What more can you ask for for free?

Why doesn't all email services offer this service?

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Yes, I figured that out a long time ago. :)

That phone/chat function is a good deal. Only problem that I found, is that if someone calls back the number where the Google user made the call from (from the Caller ID), the call won't go through to the computer, even while signed on.

Who knows, that may be a good thing.

Cat

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
It beats that Magic Jack that I was going to buy. Plus, I don't have to be concerned with people calling me on my computer, as I tried to return the call back to my inbox where I made the call from, no go.

And, it's truly unlimited. I could use it 3 hours a day if I chose to, but I'm not really a phone chatter.

The service is excellent, considering the cost (free, but you still pay your internet bill). I see it as a "perk".

Cat

Ask a Question