Firefox 3.6.8

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I really can't even tell the difference. Probably some kind of minor update or fix. That's one thing about Firefox, the slightest change is made, and the version number changes.

Really, ever since 3.5RC was introduced, FF has been on a roll, as far as staying updated goes. If it's for the good, it's alright with me.

Reaction score
I for one am tired of incessant updates. There comes a time when all I want to do is work and I am bombarded with updates for my addons. I just wish FF would do one major release instead of all these maintenance releases. Between Windows updates and FF updates it seems I am updating more than working.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
I for one am tired of incessant updates. There comes a time when all I want to do is work and I am bombarded with updates for my addons. I just wish FF would do one major release instead of all these maintenance releases. Between Windows updates and FF updates it seems I am updating more than working.
It's all part of the New World Order and international globalist bankers and corporations to keep the masses (that's us) distracted so we aren't able to discern and resist their agenda to subjugate.

Reaction score
It's all part of the New World Order and international globalist bankers and corporations to keep the masses (that's us) distracted so we aren't able to discern and resist their agenda to subjugate.
Trying to figure out what you just said takes more time than updating. I guess I'll update and keep my mouth shut.;)

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
Trying to figure out what you just said takes more time than updating. I guess I'll update and keep my mouth shut.;)
I was being a little "tongue in cheek". :D

I thought you would catch the gist of my drift. :eek:

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I'm not exactly impressed with this "update" of Firefox. For the first time since I've bought this desktop in November, it has experienced freezing on five different occasions. The first three times were when I trying to look at the Sysinternals site that was posted on another thread. However, when I clicked the IE Tab, I was able to view the site and download the product. Therefore, I know it was not my computer, and I'm thankful for that.

Back to the issue, the last two freezes were less than an hour ago, at least eight hours after the first ones, and I reported the problem promptly when it first happened.

If this is the way that the stable release is going to act, I'll either use 4.0 beta or Opera. Whichever works the best. 4.0 is more or less a new browser, so if I have to change the look and feel, I may as well go with an established browser. Opera, while not the most popular browser on the market, it's not because it's slow.

Firefox has made too many changes too fast, and it's catching up to them. yodap had a similar issue today also. So it's not just me.

Cat

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that Cat. Haven't had any problems with 3.6.8 (yet) although I didn't try to download the Sysinternals program. Even still, you have undoubtedly discovered a bug.

Last edited:

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Yes, and I think it is the first one in a long time. All the way back to 3.0, when it was a known RAM hog. I tried it out then, but didn't like it. Only when 3.5RC came out, I made the leap from IE8.

I was using XP Pro then, and IE8 was released, and it just wasn't made for XP. IE7 was working fine, in fact I still have it on XP. IE8, all it did was made page errors of some sort. Then FF 3.5RC came along, and I've not looked back.

However, IE8 works fine on 7, I'm just used to Firefox, and like the choices you have. There's many ways to customize FF to suit your needs. And I hope that they get things right, I believe they will soon.

Cat

Reaction score
I've never been a fan of IE8 (can't stand the menu layouts and general cluttered design) and I have used Firefox since version 2.0.0.12, which was released in Feb of 2008. The last time I used IE on a regular basis was on my old Win98SE machine (loved that box - ran very well for over 10 years!) and I believe that was version 6.01. I really don't miss IE at all, but I too am getting increasingly concerned about Firefox and hope that they will stop the madness and return stability to their browser very soon. I would be very disappointed if I had to migrate back to IE, or worse yet, get used to Opera.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I've never been a fan of IE8 (can't stand the menu layouts and general cluttered design).
Not sure what you mean by clutter because you can hide everything so your browser is not cluttered. If you are referring to IE6 then yes I agree.

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
Firefox on the whole has been a very stable browser, there some issues with the 3.5.4 version, but after 3.6 came out I haven't had any problems.

Been using Firefox since v1.0 in Nov 2004

The latest version is the most stable, secure, fastest Firefox yet, in my opinion.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Did you try clicking onto that Sysinternals link that yodap and I both went to earlier today? We're from separate parts of the country and had problems about the same time, that's no coincidence. Plus tonight I had a couple of freezes. I did report the problem, though. Hopefully it will help.

I've been using Firefox for a while, and don't want to change browsers again. But I also don't care for a freezing browser. And I do hope that when the real 4.0 rolls out, it stays the same as it is now. I can deal with the frequent updates, but an entire face lift? Why fix what isn't broken, and through a new learning curve in for everyone?

When you have a successful product that's on a roll, you change nothing, you stick with what you have.

Reaction score
I've been using Firefox for a while, and don't want to change browsers again. But I also don't care for a freezing browser. And I do hope that when the real 4.0 rolls out, it stays the same as it is now. I can deal with the frequent updates, but an entire face lift? Why fix what isn't broken, and through a new learning curve in for everyone?

When you have a successful product that's on a roll, you change nothing, you stick with what you have.
Agreed! Unfortunately, the trend seems to be for the software architects to play "design tag" with each other (i.e. just how tweakable is this GUI) - which I find annoying as hell, but I'm guessing that it is a consequence of boredom, as I often catch myself playing with too many themes and customizing my toolbars until my eyes start to bug out.

I still think that Firefox has an excellent browser, but as it swiftly approaches 4.0 alpha status, I'm wondering how much longer I'm going to believe that.

Last edited:

Ask a Question