Failed to Install ISKERNEL FILES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I have started getting this error when I open Word, Outlook or Excel although none of these packages seem to be suffering from whatever this warning is giving me. It seems to have been triggered off when downloading Adobe Flash Player to visit a web page - grr! The exact text is:
1. Failed to Install KERNEL Files. Make sure you have the appropriate privileges on this machine. At the top of the text in the surrounding box, it has Macromedia Contribute 3.

I have deinstalled Flash and re-installed. No joy. I have opened Macromedia 3 which is working OK and was fine the last time I used it about a month ago. As far as I know, I have the necessary privileges on my machine - but if someone could tell me where to check, I would be grateful.

I have Googled the problem which only seems to have given trouble to Vista users. Can anyone help me please?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Try uninstalling it again. Then, instead of running the install normally, right-click on the installer file and choose "Run as an administrator".

Reaction score
Thank you. I did as you suggested and reinstalled Contribute and now the Kernel File error has gone from all programms. Thanks for your help.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
That's wonderful! Have a Happy New Year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question