"Extend these displays" option not shown...

Reaction score
I am trying to hook up a second monitor to my Fiancee's Netbook and am becoming frustruated. the "Extend these displays" feature is not available. I only have the option to mirror the image on the laptop to the other screen, or show the desktop on one of the screens.

...help?

Reaction score
Hi Kanefan123 - Welcome to w7forums :)

I'm not absolutely positive but you may not be able to Extend Desktop on a Netbook. This would require additional resources that may not be available with a Netbook. I wish I knew for certain though. :(

Which Netbook do you have? Maybe someone else will have a more concrete answer for you.

Reaction score
im having the same problem. i have an asus eee pc netbook (model 1005p) and i dont have the option either. i dont see why it should be a problem though!! if anyone has answers please respond!!

Reaction score
just found an answer - windows 7 starter edition (which is primarily for netbooks) does not allow the extended display option - we have to upgrade for that apparently. sorry!

Kougar

OCing one chip at a time
Reaction score
just found an answer - windows 7 starter edition (which is primarily for netbooks) does not allow the extended display option - we have to upgrade for that apparently. sorry!
Hmm, thanks for posting this! I wouldn't have caught it, hopefully this will help others that run into the same issue.

Ask a Question