Expressing My Appreciation For This Website!

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
I just wanted to take the time to express my appreciation for this website!

It is a very helpful forum and run very professionally with great Admins and Mods.

I am a member on another website for Windows 7 and it not near the level of mutual help and assistance that this one offers. In addition, if you post an opinion or a link to free software, a certain admin will respond stating it's not relevant or that he knows of better ways to do it, etc. He just lurks waiting for someone to slip up or post a thread which HE feels is not applicable.

We're all here to help one another and to ensure that n00bs are able to get answers to the questions they may have regarding Windows 7 installation, tweaks, hardware and software usage.

Thanks to all here! I realize that sometimes I may come across as a butt-head and such, something I'm working on, believe me. It's frustrating when new posters won't return to the thread they've started and collectively we help them and then never hear back on the results.

Wishing all a good Memorial Day!

Let us not forget our men and women in uniform who have protected the common citizen here in the States.

They have a very tough job and are not nearly appreciated enough!
(Even though the U.S. government is run by a bunch of idiots and sycophants of the power brokers and banksters.)

Last edited:
Reaction score
I am a member on another website for Windows 7 and it not near the level of mutual help and assistance that this one offers. In addition, if you post an opinion or a link to free software, a certain admin will respond stating it's not relevant or that he knows of better ways to do it, etc. He just lurks waiting for someone to slip up or post a thread which HE feels is not applicable.
I feel it is up to the one with the problem not admin or mod to decide if the answers provided are applicable. I'm sure we all do what we think is best but thats not what is best for all. :)

I'm with you nibs, I do appreciate this site. I'm just as ignorant as the next guy on certain topics. I have learned a great deal on this site as well :) Is that not one of the great uses to a forum, help where you can and learn just as everyone else on other topics?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm really glad that you like it here :D. We've got a fantastic set of moderators who do an amazing job, and the members here are second to none! :beer:

I'm so pleased that w7forums has turned in to such a fun and friendly place to hang out :).

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
Definitly.

This is a very nice forum. I've been on many forums, and this one beats them all. With a wonderful admin, great moderators and loads of great members. I would definitly recommend this forum to others, and allready have :)

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
Oh damn! Does anybody have a tissue?

But really, thanks to everyone. There are plenty of forum(s) where people talk down to you. This isn't one of them. Just glad to be here as my papa used to say.

Reaction score
For sure this is the best choice for me. I am a member of another Windows 7 forum and ever since I found this one I have deleted the shortcut to the other.

I find the help here not only intelligent but also with a very quick response time. It makes me want to help as well as be helped.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I was a member of another Windows 7 forum (still am, but inactive). They are for the most part, snobs. I like it better here, and will remain a member as long as it's running.

Reaction score
I was a member of another Windows 7 forum (still am, but inactive). They are for the most part, snobs. I like it better here, and will remain a member as long as it's running.

So we are the common folk Cat? lol. I'll wear that badge with pride. This is a good forum site for sure. Hope it remains that way.

Mychael

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Yes, the members here for the most part are good people. On some forums, you question one of the regulars or moderators advice, you're basically done. This forum, from Ian on down, are always open to debate, unless it's concerning a serious rule violation or requests for help with a "cracked" system. In which case, there's nothing to discuss, except to advice the member to get legal before asking for help.

But this has been my home since November, and I really enjoy it here. And I also hope that it remains a good place to be, but I don't see that changing. There has been significant growth since I've been here, and that's good. It's a sign that this site is as described, "dedicated to friendly discussion and helpful tutorials...".

Cat

Kalario

Aquarius
Reaction score
Ditto for all of the above. And thanks to Nibs for starting this thread.

Reaction score
I also find this website/forum to be a very warm and friendly place with knowledgeable users, which is why I seem to be coming back here more and more often.

Ask a Question