excel and Win7

Reaction score
Friend at his company has just swapped from XP to Win 7 and now they are having big issues with Excel crashing all the time.
He knew I'm on this forum so his question is just general, not looking for a specific fix but is Win7 known to give issues with Excel?

Reaction score
I'm not having any issues with Excel 2007.

I can not speak for the other versions of Excel. There maybe a machine specific problem causing this.

One thing to consider is how large the Excel files are. The larger the Excel files the more memory they will require. Windows 7 requires twice the memory of XP upon install. Low memory can cause issues of this type.

Which version of Excel is he using?
What are his computer specifications?

Reaction score
Cant answer many of your questions, they are on a network. I know they are using an "older" Excel then I have and I've got 2007 so I'm assuming 2003 is what they have.
Their files will be huge, they are a big company and use the spreadsheets extensivley.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Office 2003 is listed as incompatible in the Microsoft Compatibility Center. I know some people seem to use it just fine but others complain about installation problems or other issues. I would think that Microsoft won't help as they will blame it on incompatibility.

Ask a Question