Event Viwer Log file - turn off

Reaction score
I wanted to trace a problem I thought I had and turned on the even viewer log file recorder. Now I have a daily log file being stored in "My documents". Although I have gone through the instructions, I can't get it tuned off. How do I turn it off? Thanks. The file looks like this ---- #EventSourceTimeError SeverityDomainUserDescription1S24EvMon#########InformationGeneralSYSTEMiWMSSvc: CompareNetworkAndProfile() - Not Matched

Reaction score
You may find this little program helpful to view as well as remove event viewer logs:

MyEventViewer v1.37 - Alternative to the standard event viewer of Windows.

From the author's web site .. "By default, all event logs are displayed in the main window of MyEventViewer. You can easily remove/add the logs that you want to view by using the 'Logs' menu."

Last edited:

Elmer BeFuddled

Resident eejit
Reaction score
I'm attaching a .bat file in a zipped folder that will clear all your Event Viewer History. It's a handy thing to have if you want to view a specific problem without searching through a week or twos worth of reports.

Attachments

Last edited:

Ask a Question