DVD ROM DONT READ DVDs MOST OF THE TIMES

Reaction score
i am using windows 7 32bit ultimate. since i have clean installed windows 7 mt dvd rom dont read dvds most of the time. i have tried reunstalling it using device manager even i have deleted the filters entry in the registry but still it doesnt work. i am having TSST corp CDDVDW TS-L633L.
can any one give me the solution of this or provide me the drivers so i can reinstall it using drivers.

Reaction score
What exactly does your drive have trouble reading?

Is it DVD Movie's, Data DVD, CD's?
Could it be a codec problem?

Reaction score
Can you please tell us about your system to see what were working with?

Thank you.:)

Reaction score
What exactly does your drive have trouble reading?

Is it DVD Movie's, Data DVD, CD's?
Could it be a codec problem?
doesnt matter i play data dvd or movie dvd it happens same thing. when i insert the disk after few seconds i can hear the sound it start reading then stop, start and stop. this only happens all the time. some times it works but most of the time it dont.

Reaction score
When you installed windows 7 did it install the drivers for the drive. Check by clicking Start, Control Panel, Hardware and Sound, Device Manager and check for red crosses and yellow exclumtion marks or unknown devices there shouldn't be any.:):confused:

Last edited:
Reaction score
When you installed windows 7 did it install the drivers for the drive. Check by clicking Start, Control Panel, Hardware and Sound, Device Manager and check for red crosses and yellow exclumtion marks or unknow devices there shouldn't be any.:):confused:
Yes do this and also check to see if you have a drive letter assigned for the drive.

If everything checks out you may need a CD/DVD drive cleaning kit. And if cleaning still doesn't help, it may be time for a new drive.

Reaction score
Yes do this and also check to see if you have a drive letter assigned for the drive.

If everything checks out you may need a CD/DVD drive cleaning kit. And if cleaning still doesn't help, it may be time for a new drive.
i checked this and there is no such sign or symbol. there must be some solution for this except changing the driver because i was before using vista and never faced such problem. only last months i installed 7 on my laptop and since then i am facing this problem.

Reaction score
What type of drive is it. is it SATA or IDE and check to see if the cables or firmly connected to the mobo and the drive.:)

Reaction score
What you found is good, but why not try googling Driver bot up it may help also too.:)

Reaction score
What you found is good, but why not try googling Driver bot up it may help also too.:)
i have already searched alot but didnt found a proper result or driver thats why i have come on this forum for you guys help.

Ask a Question