DVD Region Question

Reaction score
I have read some of the posts here about this issue but have found no solution to mine.

My DVD worked fine until I had to reset my CMOS. Since I reset my CMOS I can't play DVD movies.

When I insert any DVD I keep getting the error message: Your system is set to region 1, to play this DVD set your system to region 1.

It says I have 5 changes left but I should never have to change it since I live in the country that my DVD's are bought.

Any solutions to why I get this message now.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Unless you changed the DVDRom firmware this should not happen, I don't know what your CMOS would have to do with the DVDRom drive.

Personally I would use 1 try (since you get 5) and try setting it to region 1 to see if it fixes your problem.

Reaction score
I did not upgrade the firmware. Can a bad DVD player cause this? It will not let me change the region because it is already on 1. The DVD is region 1.

It tells me that the DVD can't play because I am on the wrong region and it wants me to change it to 1.

Something wrong some where. None of my DVD's I can play.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I don't know what would cause it. If it is a new DVD Rom I would probably return it.

When I search for answers I see other people have had the same issue but I don't see any explanations or real answers.

I suppose if it was me and I couldn't return it then I would use two tries, changing to 9 and then back to 1.

Ask a Question